old Wood frames new glass as old condensed

After the old panel was out I cleaned inside the frame. You will probably have some old, hardened window putty ore similar in there. I then tested the unit to make sure it is a good fit. The panes were fitted from the outside. I squirted a clear silicon bead onto the inside edge of the frame and you want to use some form of spacer under the pane to even it out in the frame. Then squirt another bead of clear silicon around the pane and fit the old wooden beads and bed them into the silicon too. Next pane same procedure. At the end I would still seal between glass and wooden bead to create a run off for the water.

Sponsored Links
so you lifted the unit a little from the bottom frame using spacers, just means its not sitting on frame, thought it better to allow it to site rather than lift it slightly.

The silicon once cured will keep it in the correct place. Spacers to position correctly and level.

the rules of packing are the same as those for Upvc , search toe and healing a upvc window...

Also check with your supplier before just bedding in with silicone , they may not honour any warranty, as this is not the recognised way of fitting sealed units in wood ( albeit quite common )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back