Replace glass on wooden frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

Just asking a question a few of my glass windows have bust and white matter and condensation inside, its an old bungalow updated but windows are still wood, we are selling house now. Do I replace the bad windows glass about £150 each or would you replace those bad glass windows with new pvc and remove the wood. I want to keep price down as for sale sign up but also want to sell?

The wood frames are solid
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thats what I wanted to hear man thanks for that, will sort glass for ones gone cheers

Thats what I wanted to hear man thanks for that, will sort glass for ones gone cheers

Is it worth doing if you are selling? -will it increase the selling price or increase interest for a quicker sale........

Sponsored Links
Yea it would cost me 8 grand to replace all the wood frames to pvc windows, it will cost me 300 quid to replace the glass on busted ones. I wold never get money back spending 8k.

Yea it would cost me 8 grand to replace all the wood frames to pvc windows, it will cost me 300 quid to replace the glass on busted ones. I wold never get money back spending 8k.
I was wondering if you would get your £300 back? -will it delay a sale or reduce the sale price. I suppose that depends on demand in your area......

I probably wont get it back now but the busted windows will look better for selling...I could leave them but they will pick up on them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back