on a UPVC front door what is this part called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry to be so vague but I urgently need the name for a UPVC door part!

On a standard UPVC front door with only 2 hinges, there is a sprung plastic clip thing that is fixed to the door at the centre of the vertical on the hinge side that locates into a plastic bracket fixed to the door frame. The clip whist locating within the bracket helps pull the door flat when in use ie much like a centre hinge would.

does anyone know the name of this part???

thanks

:)

Sponsored Links
Like this?

no it has kind of a long plastic hook fitted to the door which goes through a bracket on the frame. I'm not saying your pic isnt something that does the same job but its not like the one I'm on about. cant find it anywhere on the web at all....

Sponsored Links

no! but I can see the working principle is the same? ie if the door has 2 hinges instead of three as it closes, the catch you are showing in the latest pic keeps the door flat as it closes against the frame???

I think we're on the right track here - what is your fitting known as?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back