On Line Solid Wood Floor sites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommendations for on-line sales of Oak, Maple solid wood flooring or indeed those to avoid?

Sponsored Links
Hi Iddon

It depends what expectations you have for quality of the wood you are after. I think the resident experts will recommend steering weel clear of 'internet shops' if you are hoping to have anything of genuine quality which will last.

Provide some more details and I am sure that a plethora of help will be offered.

What area do you need?
What width of board?
What thickness of board?
What length of board?

Sorry for not being more helpful, but I have just gone through this process myself and have no purchased flooring from a real shop!

:D

GW

Iddon: if it sounds too good to be true it mostly is.

Quality comes normally at a price, and the ones specially to avoid are those offers that state" the random length is there to create your own unique floor (or in other words: they've put so many short lengths in the box you don't know where to look for the uniqueness ;))

Also don't trust samples that much, some suppliers can be very selective when it comes to sending out cut-off's - that won't show you the true grade you are in fact buying.
Information before, during and after you purchased your floor should also be at the forefront of any seller IMHO.

GW, hope you mean you have noW purchased flooring from a real shop ;)

Sponsored Links
GW, hope you mean you have noW purchased flooring from a real shop ;)

Yep, engineered oak from a real person (he even had a face!). I was hoping to have popped by your place but it was over a 240mile round trip.

(Thanks for all the help - they'll be more questions coming soon!)

gw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back