On needing to be Corgi Regd

S

Sylvan Tieger

A big Yorkshire hear hear to you fella ,not too many people understand the consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning(horrendous) As aCORGI Gas engineer in the U.K.i am fully aware of current awareness into safety standards .

What I find amazing stupid is how a country like America especially in big cities like New york have licensed master plumbers to install gas lines etc and yet allow home centers to sell boilers and gas fired and electric water heaters no license required to buy

Sponsored Links
You are not alone. Over here they are called B&Q :eek:

Hi Dave, in NYC I am required to have a certificate of fitness to use propane /Oxyacetylene or any combustible gas through aproved blow pipe (welding etc)

Here I see people buy BBQ with several tanks of propane and not an ounce of brains when trying to hook these potencial bombs up.

Improper storage (no venting) leaving the pressure on the hoses year round. using duct tape for repairs..Once a few hundred remove themselves out of the gene pool then possibly after all the finger pointing the governments will take notice.

Does anyone know if this guy is actually in the UK?

If so, where is he, so that I can book some coaches to ferry people away as quickly as we can.

Sponsored Links
Hi in reply to gas foram for gas fitters only c.o.r.g.i did you know that this so called great allmighty register is not recognized in the eu countrys i know (By the way i am acops ) So a nother way of the old boys net work this is why this country is going to the dogs i will give information to any one i deem to be competent to do the job we are not the elite we make mistakes

I am C & G Gas Service Engineer, but it didn't qualify me under ACOP's, and it doesn't now - thats why I got ACS, so I could legally carrry on working. I am not particularly chuffed about all the rules, regs and training, plus 5 year renewals, but I live with it.
However, you as an unregistered installer, decide you can play God and act as purveyor of gas safety knowledge to any one you choose (thats how I read your post, correct me if i'm wrong).

God help us all, and much as I dislike CORGI for a lot of things, I am right with them on getting the likes of you off the street.

am C & G Gas Service Engineer, but it didn't qualify me under ACOP's, and it doesn't now - thats why I got ACS, so I could legally carrry on working. I am not particularly chuffed about all the rules, regs and training, plus 5 year renewals, but I live with it.

My licenses were renewable once a year but finally changed to once every two years plus the classes are required to keep up all my licenses valid.

Just part of doing business..... as folks who refuse to work depend on my license renewing to help feed and house them.

Look at it this way your fee's pay for the needy who are now making various countries their new home

You know the sad part is people do not stick together when the governments start a new policy as witnessed by watching several countries over the past 50 years.

When a citizen lets one right go away or an unfair tax slip by without so much as a whisper then what makes you think these same government officials will stop non licensed folks from dabbling in skilled professions?

Taxation without representation I think we fought you blokes over and it seems England is still at it and possibly they need to be reminded what the colonies did to them

I used to do gas fitting /drainage / plumbing/ heating and fire suppression systems and then the powers that be decided they should make it policy for separate licensing requirements thus it gave them more income as now I need 3 licenses to do the same work I did under one masters.

The old timers said it all " give up one right and may as well give them all up as all it takes is the old adage divide and conquer."

Licensing laws are great but what about the bloke who does the same kind of work without proper licensing or training?

Normally local governments rather over look it but in some places it is another source of income by giving the non licensed non insured contractors a fine and the little fine is not a deterrent as most times the non licensed people figure the fine as a job expense and if they don't get caught its more profit for them as they already saved on licensing fee's and filing.

The guilds never stick together and with so many officials looking to line their own pockets what is a bloke to do either complain or get after the politicians and start voting the ones who don't back you out of office.

Remember once you let any right go the rest will fall quite easily just like a girl ( bird) saying she is only a little pregnant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back