CO bumf for tenants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon goodfriends, can you do me a favour and proof read this for me and confirm that there are no inaccuracies!!!

Its for a student let and i'm doing a small booklet proclaiming the greatness of the property!! (the hard sell) ;)

Carbon Monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is released due to incomplete combustion within a gas appliance. This is caused by the gas appliance not receiving enough air. The main causes of CO is incorrect internal room ventilation and blocked flues. The main culprit of CO release due to the problems mentioned are natural draught appliances that use the air from the inside building during the combustion process.

The well documenting risk of carbon monoxide poisoning has been virtually eliminating from the property as the only gas appliance is a modern Gas fired fan flued ROOM SEALED boiler. This means that the boiler is fed from the air outside and not, like many older gas appliances, from the air inside the property (known as natural draught/open flued.

All products of combustion are completely sealed from entering the property.
If a fault should occur in an open flued appliance it can in some circumstances produce CO that is present within a property, the boiler used in this property will shut down if a flue fault occurs and any CO produced will be expeled through the flue, ensuring the safety of the occupants.

For your piece of mind the property is also equipped with two SF DETECTION SF350EN units, the first CO alarm to pass British (BS) European (EN) and the American Underwriters (UL) standards and reccomended by CORGI and British Gas (it is the best CO alarm on the market).

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot of things I'd change, I think. (and a spell checker would have been worth using.. I can see 3 at a glance..)
If you email it to me I'll fiddle and send it back - there's no single correct version of course.
(address in my profile)

Yeah i'd say more grammatical errors than any real faults in the actual point of the document.

Good luck with the let !

Yeah i'd say more grammatical errors than any real faults in the actual point of the document.

Good luck with the let !

Sponsored Links

Good luck with the let !

cheers people,

it was a quick draft - i'll spellcheck it proper later, just dont want to say something that was'nt correct.

I'd say a lot less, they won't read that much. Only mention anything once and don't mention anything unnecessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back