on off boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help ?.central heating firing up then turning off after 20 seconds.have bled rads. and run water out of last radiator until runs warm.heat upstairs and plenty hot water ,but no heat down stairs .helppp Marydi. :confused:

Sponsored Links
A boiler today was doing the same thing. Pump knac'd and full of sludge. Yours may be similar.
Check for airlocks in the boiler or lack of water in it, too.

What kind of boiler does Marydi have Chris?

Depending on model I was thinking of lots of other possibilities!

Tony

Is there a manual air vent near your cylinder?
If so have you bled it?
Use a big screwdriver as a listening stick. Can you hear the impeller spinning or is it just a buzz or is it silent?
Is there mains voltage at the pump?
Chuck a towel underneath it to catch the dribble of water. Undo the big screw in the middle and stick a screwdriver in there. Does the shaft rotate?

Sponsored Links
Hello chrisR. thanks for reply .It came on this morning with a 10 sec bang bang,and is running o.k. fingers crossed. Marydi

Hello Agile, Thanks for response.All is well today but it could just be waiting !.My boiler is a Servowarm Elite 80.Marydi

hello Slugbabydotcom.Thanks for advice, boiler running o.k.today.I have not had to try anything else but will keep your advice to hand for next time ,cos i'm sure there will be one !ta. Marydi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back