On/Off button broken on Indesit dishwasher & washing mac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My partner & I have just moved into a furnished property and have noticed that the Indesit dishwasher has a fault with the on/off button. Basically the only way to get the dishwasher to work is to jam a bit of plastic in between the button and the whole that it sits in so that it stays on permanently and if removed the led light goes off and quite often the on/off button falls out.

Is anyone able to tell me if replacing the on/off button would be enough to sort this out or is it more complicated do we think?
I must say once it is switched on and running the dishwasher itself works perfectly.

The other problem I have is with the Indesit washing machine. It was working absolutely fine, however it has now decided to stop draining the water and as such the cycle then stops and once we manage to get the door open we are left with sopping wet clothes. Any advice?
I have been told to check the filter to see if it is blocked but I don't know how you go about doing this??

Sponsored Links
The O/I button on dishwasher is replaceable but it could well by that there is something wrong with the driving bar.
Is it something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bUTZXNPgos

Washing Machine: they have a coin trap, it may depend on the model you have where this is locked. But if you remove the panel at front bottom, it would normally be seen under that panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmpyS0c3-J0

Hi Prentice Boy of Derry,

Thank you for the YouTube videos they were very helpful.

When you asked 'does it look like this?' are you referring to the shape of the button on the dishwasher or the problem itself?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am at work at the mo but will post the model number for the washing machine and dish washer as soon as I get home.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back