INDESIT DIF04UK DISHWASHER - On/Off button defunct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My DIF04UK dishwasher has developed a fault whereby pressing the On/Off button has no effect on the appliance.

I've dismantled the door and checked the visible wiring, eg for breakages around the door hinge area and in the vicinity of the retaining bar but can't find a problem here.

Its still possible to use the machine as pressing "P" button once turns it on but pressing it repeatedly does not step it through all the wash cycle options. However, once started the machine seems to complete a wash cycle OK.

Any suggestions as to whether I should anticipate having to replace the LED Card, the Control Module, or something else entirely?

The LED Card would appear to be easy to change as its within the door, but is the Control Module that easy to replace and can it be done with the machine still in situ?

Any pearls of Indesit wisdom would be very gratefully received!

Davros

Sponsored Links
Change the led card that's the one that's faulty. It's the one on the top of the door.

Change the led card that's the one that's faulty. It's the one on the top of the door.

Obtaining the replacement LED card took quite a while and I've only just fitted it. The machine has not yet completed a full cycle but the On/Off button now works and repeated depressions of the P button steps through all the available wash options.

Many thanks rocks1!

Davros

Sponsored Links
hi all got same problem as above is LED CARD THE SAME AS A SMART CARD AND IF SO WHERE DOES IT GO
CHEERS CHRIS

No , led display is on the top left hand side of the door.

thanks Rocks1 can you tell me where i get LED card
please
cheers chris

thanks again
its stared flashing on/off button and eco button
is that still same fault cheers chris

you poss got water in the base of dishwasher ,tip it forward see if water comes out.

thanks again Rocks1 empty water out by tilting it forward switch it on to run progarm goes for 5 mins n stops with the 4th light flashing any help would be great

That's error fo8. Check the thermistor is attached on the dispenser , it's a little square block, remove the other door then consol panel then you will see it

if its a wee brown block under the catch its still connected run it again its now flashing off/on and eco button cheers chris

You gota leak if Eco is flashing. Tip it up again check bottom spray arm nut , salt nut. It's setting off the float again. The sensor on the dispenser is white not brown , it's got 2 black wires running off it to the pcb.

thanks again cant see any black wire only brown not sure about salt nut where is that cheers chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back