on suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
going to fit an on suite in one of my spare rooms.

there is a 110mm internal stack close to where i want the wc.

it currently only has the waste from a bath and basin goin to it .

Will it be ok for me to tee the wc waste in to this ?

Sponsored Links
How far above the height of the prospective WC does the soil stack rise, and how it it terminated?

Softus said:
How far above the height of the prospective WC does the soil stack rise, and how it it terminated?

it goes out through the roof

Sponsored Links
OK - subject to the top of the stack being open but protected by a cage, there should be nothing in principle to stop you doing what you want to do.

Where are any basin/bath/shower waste connections to the stack relative to where you want to connect the WC branch?

Softus said:
OK - subject to the top of the stack being open but protected by a cage, there should be nothing in principle to stop you doing what you want to do.

Where are any basin/bath/shower waste connections to the stack relative to where you want to connect the WC branch?

the shower and basin connections will need to be moved as i need to fit an elbow where they currently are . i was going to connect them after the wc connection . is this ok ?

bigdek said:
the shower and basin connections will need to be moved as i need to fit an elbow where they currently are . i was going to connect them after the wc connection . is this ok ?
Yes - if lower than the WC branch connection then you should heed the following:-

Brett Martin said:
Branch Connection Spacing

Building Regulations and BS EN 12056:2000 place dimensional restrictions on the vertical spacing of branch pipe connections to single stack soil and ventilating systems, and on the lowest connection height.

These restrictions can be summarised as follows:
1. Branches of any diameter should not be positioned opposite each other such that effluent could discharge across between them, or potentially cause blockages. Waste branches may be connected in opposing directions if there is an adequate vertical spacing.

Opposed branches serving WC’s can be connected to a stack at the same level using a double branch fitting, in which the branch pipes are angled or swept into the main stack.

2. No other connection should be made less than 200mm lower than an opposing WC branch connection: a 50mm parallel branch connection can prevent this situation, or the connection can be at the same level if perpendicular to the WC connection.

No other connection should be made less than 200mm lower than an opposing WC branch connection: a 50mm parallel branch connection can prevent this situation, or the connection can be at the same level if perpendicular to the WC connection

Kinda obvious when you think about things... but a handy reg to know!

Dan_Robinson said:
Kinda obvious when you think about things... but a handy reg to know!
I agree! Here's another one:

Varney.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back