Swapping Toilet and basin around

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the Scenario: Imagine looking at a bathroom with all appliances on one wall, Bath on right, WC in middle and Basin on left.

Currently waste pipe from WC comes out at 90 angle right and carries on about 1 metre past the bath taps and into the hidden soil stack. this is already a problem as the bath waste then goes up and over the WC waste pipe down and into a very tight gap turning right into soil stack! Buts thats another problem!

Is it at all possible to swap the WC adn basin around? Obviously would have to replace the WC waste with a much longer run to the soil stack, but my worry would be then that the WC waste would be to big to then fit the basin and pedestal in front of it. not to mention trying to bring the hot and cold feed to the taps, and the waste out from the sink.

Any one experianced this sort of thing before, personally dont think its worth the grief but would appreciate any advice!

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Measure your pedastel clearance to check if it fits !!

Is the connection on the stack low enough to give required fall??

Will probably look a mess unless boxed in!!

Ok, have ditched the 'swapping around' idea.

Another question though, as in my original post the bath waste is to put it lightly a 'nightmare' Really tight, NO room to manouvere anthing due to the extension of the original WC pipe to soil stack. Original installation is a bit of a bodge with the actual bath waste thread being cut down down to allow the trap to connect, which does not give a good seal etc, etc....

can I put a boss around the WC extension and take the bath waste directly into it? Or does this contravene Water regs?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back