1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Onboard memory battery

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by JohnD, 1 Nov 2019.

1. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    I have a timer/programmer with an onboard battery to maintain the memory if mains power is lost. The manufacturers obviously didn't intend the product to last longer than the battery as it is soldered in place. It has the appearance of three button cells soldered together with pigtails and shrinkwrapped in plastic.

It lasted around ten years . The old spec says it has 15-day memory backup in a power cut and I think it is rechargeable.

20191031_225743[1].jpg 20191031_225728[1].jpg

Is there a similar battery readily available? I'm willing to clip the tails and solder a new one in, but I don't want to do any serious tinkering.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A starting point for your search HERE

4. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    thanks, that's the one..

it is a Varta Mempac battery, rechargeable

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links