Help......LP241 Lifestyle Programmer mk 1 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Really hope you can help me.

We had a power cut and it turned out the problem was traced back to the central heating programmer causing the problem.
It's an ACL Lifestyle LP241 the earliest version i believe.
Even when power is applied to the programmer the breaker in the fuse box trips out after a few seconds. No buttons are pressed no controls usedon the programmer. This happens even with all other circuits isolated.
Does anyone have any experience of this?
I understand there is an onboard backup battery...a rechargeable hardwired one. If this fails could it produce such a fault?
The latest version of this device mk4 is in screwfix ....would this be a straight swap?

I'm really hoping the fact that the heating was not actually on points to just a controller fault.

Any help or advice would be so much appreciated! !

Bloody cold without heating!

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
When you say breaker, do you mean MCB, RCD or RCBO? As different faults trip different things. Post a photo if you are unsure.

Depends, could be a boiler fault if the boiler takes a permanent electric supply. With the power off, remove the programmer from its base and then restore the power, keeping well away from the now exposed live contacts on the programmers base. If it still trips it's not the programmer.

What type of heating system do you have? If it is a Y plan with a 3 port valve, then power is switched on to the valve via the hot water off terminal when the hot water is set to off.

have a look around your motorised valves these are you most likely culprit also depending on which boiler you have as they can also have a permenant live

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back