Once the hot water tank reaches its temp the rads go cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops:

Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help, I have a very old system which I am planning to replace next year in the summer(hoperfully).

The system -: Potterton Flamingo 2.
Three way Valve -: HoneyWell v4073a1039

A honeywell Thermostat and a Potterton Timer control - Please see Pics.
//www.diynot.com/network/zanders/albums/

Essentially If I want Central heating in the house I need to turn the system on by using hot water on the potterton timer control - however it appears once the hot water tank has hit its temerature the Rads go cold.

The hot water tank is set to 80c which is a fair temperature.

On the triple valve there seems to be an auto and manual setting which doesnt seem to make much of a difference no matter what you set it to. I have to mention that the triple valve never moves or makes any noise so I am thinking this is where the problem is.

if possible I would also like to change the Honeywell thermostat and Potterton controller(please see pic) for an all in one LCD device - hopefully the device could be used when I upgrade the boiler in the future?

I welcome your advice,Please let me know if you need further information?

Thanks,

Merry Christmas.

Sponsored Links
On the triple valve there seems to be an auto and manual setting which doesnt seem to make much of a difference no matter what you set it to. I have to mention that the triple valve never moves or makes any noise so I am thinking this is where the problem is.

quite possibly duff valve or actuator

one you can change the head one you can't (the dimple on the cover)

yours has a dimple

so you can't remove the head

dunno if this will help at all

wiring diagram

if you have and can use a meter you can poss trace it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back