One cold radiator in the lounge.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a replacement radiator in my lounge but it will not get hot. It has a TRV valve which gets hot but the other lock valve remains cold. I have bled the radiator and the water coming out is only slightly warm. All other radiators in the house are hot,any help appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
I have just fitted a replacement radiator in my lounge but it will not get hot. It has a TRV valve which gets hot but the other lock valve remains cold. I have bled the radiator and the water coming out is only slightly warm. All other radiators in the house are hot,any help appreciated. :(

Have tried it by shutting off cap lock valve and fully opening it and also partially shutting the valve but no luck. Thanks for the response though.

you probably have an air lock.

Turn off some or all the other rads. This should force the air round and solve the problem. You can then balance the system again

Sponsored Links
HI

first try closing all other rads and see if new one works.if it still does not come on then there is a fault/blockage in the pipes /valves.
if it comes on then the system need balancing.

Have tried it by shutting off cap lock valve and fully opening it and also partially shutting the valve but no luck. Thanks for the response though.

Thanks,
I will try your suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back