one cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just found radiator in bedroom has stopped working (although it was working two days ago when I last checked). All other radiators in house seem to be fine and are heating up normally. The rad is fitted with a Myson 2-way TRV.

Have tried bleeding radiator, and gently tapping valve to free up. I have put the TRV in maximum open position. Have also turned off all other rads to see if hot water can be forced through.

Not sure whether should be attempting to take off TRV?

Any other suggestions? Ta.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I took the dodgy thermo head off and found the central pin in the TRV to be sticking out, and it had very little give (it would only go back into the head unit if i pushed it hard).

I took a TRV head off another rad in the house to compare them and found the central pin in this one to be more 'moveable'. In short I think the original one is broken and needs replacing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back