One Emergency Light Won’t Go Out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a problem with some emergency lighting.
In a place where there are 6 emergency lights (all around 20 years old with old tube bulbs)

One got damaged so I replaced it with a new LED non-maintained one.
It is installed correctly and the SL wire has been removed to make it non-maintained.

However when I switch the power back on all the emergency lights go off and show the Green battery light except the new LED one.
No matter what I do I can’t get it to go out.

I also changed another regular ceiling light fitting in another room at the same time which was earthed but the new light was double insulated so I just blanked off the earth.
But I don’t think this would affect it, would it?

I’m sure it was working fine before I changed the other ceiling light.

Thanks very much for your help.

Matt.

Sponsored Links
no ….post make and model of new unit fitted …I’ve seen some of the newer units having two modes of operation …

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It’s a ROBUS R8MLED-01

It’s a maintained and non-maintained light.
To run non-maintained you remove the wire between S+L which I did and it was working fine.

That is until I changed the ceiling light in the other room and blanked off the earth as it was a double insulated light.

I can only assume that if the earth isn’t the issue I’ve lost power to it somewhere along the line, somehow.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back