One Feed & Expansion for 2 appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres one for all your guru's

Can you have 1 F & E tank for 2 appliances (gas boiler & Wood burning Stove), or will each have to have its owntank?

Ta

Sponsored Links
snozzer said:
Heres one for all your guru's

Can you have 1 F & E tank for 2 appliances (gas boiler & Wood burning Stove), or will each have to have its owntank?

Ta

ANyone?

I would personaly go for 2 with separate ballvalves and overflows because woodburners and solid fuel appliances can go out of control and boil the water sometimes...........in fact I would fit a metal tank to the woodie if they still made them :LOL: .........this is just my opinion

Nige F said:
I would personaly go for 2 with separate ballvalves and overflows because woodburners and solid fuel appliances can go out of control and boil the water sometimes...........in fact I would fit a metal tank to the woodie if they still made them :LOL: .........this is just my opinion

My thoughts were one Tank, a separate feed to each appliance and a separate overflow from each appliance. Thinking this through, each system is vented and wil have inhibitor in, so cross contamination is not a problem, though would check /oneway vales on the feed stop one blow back against the other?

Sponsored Links
one way valves on the feed would both increase resistance to unacceptable level and not allow expansion. I wouldn't put anything on the feed.

And if someone comes along after you and combines the feed and vent because they think it is pumping over when it is actually only expanding up over the vent as you've blocked the expansion route, and with a poorly controlled heat source such as a wood stove.

BOOOOOOOOOOOM !

Nige F said:
..........Forgot the word Tank :rolleyes: meant separate TANK with own valve and overflow/warning pipe....one for the gas and one (metal one) for the woodburner..I`ll go back to sleep now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back