One for the brickies.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a 2 storey side extension. The existing house is brick and is getting partially rendered to blend new extension. New 1st floor front elevation is getting rendered, gable end will be brick. I want the bricks showing at the corners to the front.

So, I assume the bricks at the corner have to oversail the front plane of bricks slightly..... to create a lip for the render to run into, otherwise the render will be proud of the brick.

How is this achieved? Can't see how profiles or raising corners old school would allow the string to be run in when the corner courses are say 30 mm proud of the blocks that will get rendered.

20210201_154737.jpg

Sponsored Links
They will just build the brick quoins 25mm out from the Blockwork in between them. I can’t see what your issue is??

How do u run a string line off a brick that is 25mm proud of the run tho..... just interested in how its done.

You don’t you would just run it off the block inside the quoin.

build the corner quoin and plumb it separate from the Blockwork that is stepped in.

(y)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back