one for the oilmen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a phonecall today about an old oil burner,cust had ran out of oil and have had the tank refilled,since it was refilled the burner runs and fires up as soon as it reaches temp boiler locks out they reset it and it runs till it reaches temp then needs resetting and so on.
boiler is approx 20 years old, burner type is unknown apart from orange cover due to go their later in the week and have a look anyone got any ideas ?it is not a riello or sterling burner from the vague description i was given thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
hat do you reset?
The over heat or the lockout??
Did you bleed the oil through and check the filters?

have not been to the job yet.lockout is on burner not boiler,boiler runs fine until tempreture is reached so i would assume line and filter clear thanks.

Ok if its on the burner its the lockout as on the boiler is a overheat manual setting stat..

Is the tank an old metal one? i still think its oil line filter or air!
is it a single pipe,two pipe or tiger loop?

Best bet is to change filters clean filter on pump and clear pipe with compressor(from inside blowing out) :D

Sponsored Links
I know it sounds strange but if left it will start for a bit if left then go to lockout its air in the oil line as it run out(bet its single pipe)
I know the burner the photocell is on the side start the burner with the photo cell in but as soon as you hear solinoid click pull it out and shine a torch to the photo cell this will keep burner going and bleed the pump untill all bubbles have gone :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back