One for Tony Agile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tony, went to a Biasi Garda 28s (m96,?).
Customer says sometimes heating wont come on, as in set for 3.30 but not coming on till 4.45. thought it might of been the room stat so linked this out for a week resulting in same intermitent fault.
Called this evening and heating was on so could'nt check. Wondering if you had come accross one like this before, Iam thinking pump, clock, three way or board.

Any thoughts.

;)

Sponsored Links
A Guarda is a B&Q badged Biasi boiler.

It could be an M90 or an M96.

The boiler should start at the time selected on the timeclock! Have you checked the clock time and ALL the preset times?

They have to be logical, i.e. on before off and not overlapping????

It does not sound as if there is anything wrong with the boiler!

Tony

Cheers Tony, I'll give the clock a reset and program her desired on/off times.

going to be a process of different things to try, hate intermittent faults they never occur whilst your there :rolleyes: .

;)

Sponsored Links
the instructions for these had an entire paragraph missed out when translated from italian,seemingly

They are a very easy clock to program, found something I did'nt know a couple of weeks ago. Flick switch to auto to use the "boost" and then press +/- for number of hours.

Love learning new things :LOL: :LOL:

;)

They are a very easy clock to program, found something I did'nt know a couple of weeks ago. Flick switch to auto to use the "boost" and then press +/- for number of hours.

If you did that it would not work !!!

You have to set the extra hours in TIMER and then return it to AUTO !!!

Tony

It took me ages to figure out a 7-day clock that had been set to the wrong day once
('Weekend' times were working for 2 days during the week)
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Its not the timeclocks fault!

People have different ideas of which is the first day of the week!

Is Monday day 1 ???

Or is Sunday ?

Tony

Most common fault I find on later biasis is the timeclock! The rectangular ones.
Theres a sticker in the front drop down cover to tell you if its m90/96.

Theres about 18 screws in total to get to the pcb. Disconnect timer there for a while to eliminate it. They can use other controls for basic ON/OFF operation meanwhile.

Best to fit a programmable room stat if that is the culprit as replacements are still cr/-\p, fiddly and more expensive.

m90 is same as ideal mini and m96 is same as mini HE. Landlords love em cos they were cheap in B&Q before Heatline Vizos came about.

Heres something funny although I am sure its a mistake.

Click THIS LINK

Search for ideal in the drop box and type in the word clock in the next box. They are trying to tempt you with the following items:-

TIME CLOCK DAY/WEEK (95362603)
Part No: 67606
Manufacturer: Ideal

ONLINE PRICE » £877.86
RRP £975.40

MODULE W/2WEEK CLOCK(95362604)
Part No: 69453
Manufacturer: Ideal

ONLINE PRICE » £1074.52
RRP £1193.92

WTF! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Theres about 18 screws in total to get to the pcb. Disconnect timer there for a while to eliminate it.

Two screws on top of front panel ( 3 on later M96 )

Four underneath PCB carrier.

Five on top of PCB cover!

Total 11 !

If you unplug the timeclock the boiler defaults to CH on.

The plug on back of timeclock is NOT polarised but must be fitted with the red wire at the top,

It can also be wrongly connected with any number of pins.

Tony

Five on top of PCB cover!
Did an m96 earlier this week. I fitted it 2 year ago. Had to take both parts of cover off because of the way they were interlocked.Another 4.
I loosened back 2 screws underneath to release side panels and allow PCB drawer to pull out. Total 17
Ok so I exaggerated by one. but 17 is 'about' 18 so shoot me!

But its only 11 screws and you can remove pcb cover without removing the THREE screws on the left hand part by lifting it up from the right so the left hand side comes out from the overlap.

Why were you opening a two year boiler? Nobody ever gets them serviced and they hardly ever break down unless installed on a dirty system.

Tony

Two faults I find regularly on m96 One is CH thermistor as you say when fitted by cowboys.

The other and main one is the timer because the relay has knacked up in it.

I went in to disconnect the timer and did a rough screw count. Maybe I got the limited edition one with extra screws :LOL:

I live in in the suburbs of whats officially UKs worst place to live.
Tenants in the older town housing round here have a habit of moving out and taking the boiler with them, or the local scum get there straight after, so landlords choice of boiler is always whatever is cheapest in B&Q.
Needless to say my world is full of Biasi's and Ravenheats. I also come across a few Heatline Vizos on gas inspections but haven't yet found one with a problem that hasn't been as a result of a cowboy install!

The thermisters seem to have some occasional bad batches and the last was around the end of last year. They often fail o/c when they get hot.

I dont think I have heard of a failed timeclock!

Do you live near the Manor Estate?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back