one job several comedians..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before i start this post i really really have to start carrying a camera..

Pricing a job today, to swap lights, move sockets, change sockets etc..

All sorts of work vans here when i arrive, they are getting a conservatory fitted, and i wont give the name away, but it is one of the expensive mob that charge an absolute fortune.

First fix has been done, the electrician has come off an existing socket in house, (its probably a ring final) and run it to about 5 sockets and a light in conservatory, the cable runs on the floor, diagonally, actually under the half inch step in the doorway, they are all over the show, told customers to get a cert, not that its worth anything...

Secondly the kitchen,
kitchen fitter has took sockets off and taped all conductors up ready to blank off, which customer asked me to do, it was a complete mess the way it was all left out, he also said to customer, whatever you do, do not use that cooker until it has been protected by a 40amp circuit breaker, it was a double oven and 4 rings, on a 30amp breaker......buttheads

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back