One light trips on RCD'ed CU.

If you're expressing support for the idea that any tolerance whatsoever should be extended to people who come here and lie to us then you too can ESAD.
Charming - although I have to tell you that dying is a very unlikley outcome of such an activity.

As for the point, if you restricted this forum (or most other forums!) to those who never 'stretched the truth' in their posts, it would probably become a pretty quiet place - and you, in particular, would probably have a lot less to write about.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Bring it on.

Anyone who fears they are not competent enough to be doing electrical work and therefore feels they need to lie about using an electrician should not be welcome here.

It is amazing how many usual electricians are not available - just when you need them isn't it ;)
I imagine that at least some of the unavailable/holidaying/retired electricians exist because posters have perused the forum and hence predicted the sort of responses they might get if they worded their questions differently!
You mean he is not telling the truth - and he fitted the CU himself :eek:
Well, since I was responding to your comment, I guess I meant whatever it was that you meant - so that probably puts the ball back into your court :)
So are you are saying that the advice I have given regarding PIR's, contracts and competent persons scheme is wrong. Or are you criticising my comments that the OP should come clean about the extent of his involvement in this installation.
By the way, reading between the lines and then turning a blind eye to what you believe to be fact (which incidentally has not been challenged by the OP) is a dangerous road to take - and one I would not particiapte in.

So are you are saying that the advice I have given regarding PIR's, contracts and competent persons scheme is wrong. Or are you criticising my comments that the OP should come clean about the extent of his involvement in this installation.
No, I'm not saying that your advice was wrong nor am criticising you for anything. I was merely making observations about the realism (as I see it) of something which seems to be inevitable in a forum like this.

By the way, reading between the lines and then turning a blind eye to what you believe to be fact (which incidentally has not been challenged by the OP) is a dangerous road to take - and one I would not particiapte in.
I can't fault that attitude, but one eventually gets to the stage of having to ask oneself what, if any, advice (other than 'call an electrician') one can safely and reasonably give in a 'DIY Electrics' forum to people one knows very little about.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I am sure this thread has gone off the topic somewhat, to awnser some of the questions.

He was supposed to do a PIR. I was working so was not at home. The Electrician called me last night to ask when he can come back to fix the light problems. Obviously he relised that this fault should have been picked up, he say he will not charge me for his time just for materials used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back