One Radiator Keeps Going Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

One of the radiators in the house (upstairs bedroom) keeps going cold and has to be bled all the time. When i bleed it it is OK for a few weeks then it goes cold again. I don't have a problem with any other radiator. Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do you have enough water getting to the rad?. Check your float valve in the loft (if applicable).
Could be circulation problem, turn the others off and see if that pushes airlock out.
Balance your system. :D

It WILL go pretty cold when it has enough air in to fill the top channel where the hot water's supposed to go.
I'd try putting (some more) inhibitor in the system because the gas is a corrosion prioduct which is getting separated by the boiler and collectnig in the first rad it gets to (usually).
Use Sentinel X100. The Fernox muti seems to creat a black goo if used on an unclean system.

If nbg then you could consider where you could put an automatic air vent, on the way between the boiler and the offending rad. It would need to be somewhere hidden but accessible really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back