One screw up after another

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently redeveloping my whole house and it took me back to about 5 years ago when I was helping in my Dad's DIY stage of his life and what disasters encured.

We had just finished the living room, all cosy and modern with built in surround system and remote controlled mood lighting plus a VERY expensive leather suite. He thought he'd treat himself and my mam after years of the same sofa. Anyway, once that was done we began on his bedroom and his new en-suite, we decided to but some underfloor heating in the bathroom and ripped up the floorboards to do this.

For some clever reason my Mam thought she'd get the painting done in the en-suite at this point, balancing on the beams (let me explain this house is very old) She began to paint only to knock the paint over and go straight throught the roof onto the brand new leather sofa (white sofa with brown paint all over)

Lets just say my Dad wasn't best pleased with a roof to fix and a way to explain to the three piece suite people that it was an accident!!
Even though it was a big tin of paint it still surprises me how the roof couldn't hold the weight!!

Sponsored Links
nasty! if it is an old house, lath and plaster ceilings can become very brittle.
A 5 or 10 litre paint tin next to a few dodgy / rusted lathe nails, and your ceiling is away.

i think the biggest mistake was a white leather sofa though!

Sponsored Links
Not quite think more about a bus pass and you'll be on the right lines! The white leather sofa was a mistake I must admit! They still nag about it to this day!!! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back