One switch, two lights from a ceiling rose?

AzK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing ceiling rose in my kitchen with a standard light pendant. I have attached an image that has the same setup (first image): Switch cable, bathroom light cable, backroom light cable and the cable in from the circuit/rose in the next room.

I wanted to add a couple of spotlights in the back of the kitchen. Can I add a new cable in for these spotlights and wire them in the same connectors/places the light is wired into? I've mocked up the original image to add this spotlight cable in.

If this is wired in, when the main light is switched on, will this turn on the spotlight(s) too.

Secondly would this too much load for this ceiling rose, or is this fine?

I hope it makes sense, and apologies for any incorrect terminology.

Attachments

• orig light.jpg
    orig light.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 109
  • light.jpg
    light.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
As long as you can physically fit the conductors into the terminals ,the positions are correct ,but there should be an earth conductor as well going to the additional lights. Is the circuit RCD protected ?
Wired this way all lights would come on, or go off ,when switch is operated.

• Thanks
Reactions: AzK
Yes, there will be an earth conductor from the spotlight cable, I forgot to draw that in. The circuit is RCCB protected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back