Ongoing problems with guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help. Our house is the end of a row of four, and we are on a slope. None of the other houses have a downspout to take the water from the roof and it all gushes down to ours and in heavy weather it is like a waterfall from our gutter splashing on the side of the house. Every so often we have to get up and clean out the gutter but even when it's clear the volume of water is too great to cope with. Can anybody advise? :(

Sponsored Links
have you cleared the gutter fully and checked the down pipe isnt partialy blocked???

i assume its a normal full sized gutter and down pipe

have you cleared the gutter fully and checked the down pipe isnt partialy blocked???

i assume its a normal full sized gutter and down pipe

Yes to all of these, i think its just the volume of water from all four houses and the fact that we are at the end of of the sloping row. I think in the past it has been suggested that the other houses further up fit downpipes from their gutters but i think then they might have to install a drain for the pipe to empty into and it has never happened.

Sponsored Links
What about dropping it from the gutter into a large hopper then down a larger pipe, 82mm or something? Each house benefits from it so should contribute.

Other wise there is deeper guttering available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back