Open fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the planning stage of opening up a chimney Breast fire place to make a open fire place , what I have at the moment is a fire box which has a legacy of an old back boiler, I can tell this by 2 old redundant pieces of pipe work going in, looking up into the chimney there is a lintel with a row of bricks below that, what I have been advised to do off a proffesional is to get rid of those bricks and put in a fire back with a new lintel above that effectively giving me 2 lintels, he has also said you can buy a fire back and lintel set but I can't find any on line please advise ?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the link, that's where I will be purchasing my fire back and lintel from, I have attached a photo of what I ultimately want to achieve, I have the fire surround and as you can see its tiled up to the fire itself, it would be nice to put some kind of trim where the tiling finishes and where the fire is, don't know what I can do there, need some advice please.

Thank you one again.

Attachments

• FIREPLACE.jpg
    FIREPLACE.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 169

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back