Open letter to Roy Hodgson

Sponsored Links
Poor Martian - brought up all prudish. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Okey dokey. Now back on page 1 the op seemed to be offering help/advice for this new England manager chappy, who seems to have a slight speech impediment (joinerjohn came out with rather a humourous line in case you missed it).

Now, I'm not really too au fait with the machinations of this footie lark, so what advice would any of you chaps offer the gentleman?

Okey dokey. Now back on page 1 the op seemed to be offering help/advice for this new England manager chappy, who seems to have a slight speech impediment (joinerjohn came out with rather a humourous line in case you missed it).

Now, I'm not really too au fait with the machinations of this footie lark, so what advice would any of you chaps offer the gentleman?

yeah thats the crux of it.... why are England so bad at keeping the ball?

Seriously.
Surely its more important to put it in the net rather than just keeping hold of it?
Whats the point of controlling it for 75% of the time if the other 25% of the time the other team bang in 2 or even 3 against you?

Seriously.
Surely its more important to put it in the net rather than just keeping hold of it?
Whats the point of controlling it for 75% of the time if the other 25% of the time the other team bang in 2 or even 3 against you?

no ! why is not having the ball a good idea !?!?! :eek:

"having the ball" helps Messi score 73 goals in 62 matches !!!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sooey said:
Will there be piccies? :eek:

Maybe artists impressions in duotone. :) :) :)

Meanwhile, back on the topic --

imamartian said:
no ! why is not having the ball a good idea !?!?!

A long, long time ago, I heard Brian Clough on TV telling anybody who would listen about how to play football. It went something like "You get the ball, keep it - and the next time the other team gets it is when they pick it out of the back of the net." He was getting a fair bit of ridicule for this but I could see his logic - and I know bu**er all about football.

Seriously.

I get what you mean...I think this is exactly the case when Germany knocked England out of the last world cup - i don't think England played THAT badly, but every time Germany got the ball they went up the pitch and scored!! Four times....!!

But possesion is important, its far easier to score goals when you've got the ball than it is when you haven't got it!! Trouble is, England don't seem to know what to do with it when they have got it... In fact, in the second half on Saturday night, England didn't even look bothered about doing anything with the ball, let alone knowing what to do with it...?

Sponsored Links
Back