Opening a fireplace and fitting a stove

How much clearance will you have between the top of the stove and the bottom of the lintel? You should have a minimum of 300mm.

Your flue should drop low enough to sit on the base shutter form.
It hardly needs any rebar. As long as the sides are rough the new pour will lock solid in place forever.

Break out the bricks at the front high enough so that gravity can do its job on the pour and every nook and cranny will be filed.
Have a look at my first image. You can see a funnel was used to create head pressure. Seal any joints well or the flue will fill concrete.
Vibrating can be done using a hammer drill.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Submitted a building warrant application. It was accepted with the condition I submitted some plans.

A few days later i emailed some drawings to bc with front and top down projections of the existing and proposed arrangement. I included lintel, hearth, clearances and basically all the info I have and could think they would need.

I cracked on with the work and now they have said the plans don't contain enough detail. I have installed the liner and I'm just about to lay the hearth and line the opening...

Any idea what exactly they are looking for?

Need to phone them Monday...

Graeme

No idea mate. I never botherd with bc. None of their business as far as I'm concerned.

Well that's the plans finally approved. :D

I have nearly finished the install so will post pics once i paint it.

Mega thanks to everyone who helped.

Graeme

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back