opening in a load bearing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i wonder if someone could help me

i have a gronund floor flat with concrete ceileng and a concrete supporting wall that i need to put a 4 ft door way into, i have had the S.E round and he has done all his calcs, but i'm a bit vague on the process of install of a RSJ ie where do i put the acro, do i cut the hole for the lintel then cut my door way or do both at same time, should the RSJ be spaced above the door way or be the top of the door way any help would be appreciated

many thanks Ray

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing the steel beam is in place of a regular lintel so this should be going in above the door casing. The floor beams above should be supported whilst this is going on.

You may damage the masonry above the steel beam, i.e. the small part remaining between the steel beam and the ceiling. This can be re-built if necessary.

What does your s.e. say?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back