opening up fireplace

S

sammoseley

Hi, any advice on this would be much appreciated
knocked out fireplace which was bricked up, when I say bricked up, full of concrete and bricks thrown in there.
this is upstairs and downstairs there is another fire (not used) who's chimney presumably goes on the right hand side of this fireplace, at least I assume thats why its not central on the chimney breast.
I want to put a fireplace in here which will not be used, just as a feature.
but ideally in the middle. Not sure what's involved in opening it up more to the right, cos of the existing chimney that's there, and not sure if that would also need another lintel or something (I am planning on putting a new lintel in above this anyway, as you can see the bricks don't look great above.)
any advice much appreciated
ps. 1930's semi
cheers
sam

Sponsored Links
Why not leave the flue to the right unmolested and add some faux studding to the left to give it the impression of being in the middle. It may not be a good idea to mess with the airflow to this flue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back