Opening up kitchen/diner with extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am looking at doing the attached. Opening up all in red with extension. Is this going to be complicated/expensive because of the way the joists are supported?

Wanting double doors opening to the lounge (on the attached it's where the white breaks up the red line), will this need an RSJ? Then where the extension would be opened uop I am guessing I would need another RSJ, then keep a pillar at the diagonal supporting wall with two more RSJ's?

Cheers

Attachments

• plan2.png
    plan2.png
    690.7 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Yes you can open it all out. It's not particularly complicated for someone who knows what they are doing. There are ways to support the diagonal sections without a pillar. I suppose whether or not it's expensive depends how much money you have.

Yes you can open it all out. It's not particularly complicated for someone who knows what they are doing. There are ways to support the diagonal sections without a pillar. I suppose whether or not it's expensive depends how much money you have.

thanks cdbe. Helpful info. Good point, Talking about just the opening up and supporting part of the job, hopefully 5k-10k or less I am thinking. Then it’s doable for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back