Opinion on below quotation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I'm considering paying a firm to sound proof my living room party wall in my flat. (I'm midland based)

The wall is 14ft by 8ft. Flooring is concrete. No one is above me - there's a loft.

The noise is mainly airborne, talking and shouting etc. Residual noise I can live with.

Opinions welcomed in the below quote....(they haven't seen premises yet)

Quote.
To prepare the wall we will cover any items of furniture and carpets with dust sheets and carpetprotector.We will then remove any skirting board and electrics.

We will also remove the radiator.We will lift up a few of the floorboards close to the party wall and insulate against the partywall to reduce flanking, We will then refit the floorboards.

We will then start constructing a fully independent acoustic wall which will be made up using a3'' timber frame which we will then fill with RW3 75mm Acoustic Quilt.Once the frame has been filled we will then add a layer of 15mm 49KG soundbloc board sealingall the edges and joints with acoustic sealant.we will then add a 16mm Sound breaking RB1 bar which will provide a secondary air gap.

We will then add another layer of 15mm Soundbloc board again sealing all the edges and jointswith acoustic sealant to maximiser performance.

We will then plaster ready for decoration and then refit the electrics and skirting.The radiator will be refitted and bled to ensure the radiator is in full working condition.Throughout the process we will ensure that the rooms remain tidy to minimise dust All rubbishwill be taken away.

£1400 +VAT

Sponsored Links
Just as they haven't seen the property, neither have we, and it's always difficult to comment in these circumstances. Best to get a couple of other quotes.

Alternatively, put in a noise complaint to the council and the police, as this type of problems comes under the asbo rules, rather than loud music

That will certainly greatly reduce the noise coming through the wall. You might worry a bit about how much noise will continue to come in via less direct routes - for example, l used to have a neighbour whose singing went out of her open window and in through my closed one. In your case, you might want to put some acoustic insulation in the loft. Price looks good to me but I don't have much experience to compare it with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back