Soundproofing ventilation?

Il know more when I go underneath. Could the poor mortar or maybe poor quality brick with materials being sparce after the war not be it? I've done as much research as I can on the subject

Sponsored Links
I very much doubt it. To test it - go outside when your neighbours are talking.

Can you hear them as clearly in the street? If not, then it's not the walls.

If their windows are open then yes you can hear them even more! It seems to be certain spots that seem worse than others on the wall. Some it's muffled some it sounds like they're in the same room!

I previously lived in a ~1900 terraced house. I could hear my neighbours when they argued. “ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE” was one that I remember. That was not coming via windows. I don’t know about gaps below floor level.

Sponsored Links
Were you under the same impression as me? Older house equals thicker walls equals hearing less. Sometimes it's not even shouting. Seems like it's just normal conversation we hear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back