Opinions on Baxi Potterton Main 24 kw Condensing Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking into getting a new boiler, i've had a visit from a recommended local boiler/heating engineer.
He has recommended the Baxi Potterton Main 24 kw Condensing Combi.
He claims to have fitted many of these, and they are very reliable. He also says he has had more problems with the Vaillants than the Baxi Pottertons.

After doing a bit of internet research, it appears there used to be major problems with the electrical side of things in the Baxi Pottertons. But i've also read that these are old problems which have now been resolved.
What are people's opinions on them now?

Sponsored Links
Pay an extra 100 quid and get a baxi duotec/potterton gold-same boiler.
very good IMHO-which best boiler 2008.
3 years on no majour probs.

The main 24 is ok-Baxis buget boiler but id pay the differance.

I wouldent install a 24kw combi, you will regret it when the water temp drops to 5 degrees and it takes 30 minutes to fill a bath, are you on a tight budget or is this the first boiler the installer recommended ?

Sponsored Links
He recommended the 24kw because the house isn't that big, 2 bedroom terraced plus a small 3rd box room. And that is what size the current boiler is. I haven't had any problems with the heating of water with the current boiler. The budget isn't a problem.

Yes steve same boiler differant warentee lengh, u can get the platinum which has 5 years.
If your happy with the performance of your curret boiler then stick another 24kw in but u can get a 28kw in all of the above,about 70.00 more again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back