Opinions on best way to wire 2 ovens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im looking for some opinions/confirmation of the best way to have my 2 new ovens wired as Ive received a mixture so far from the quotes. The ovens are rated circa 3.5kw each and manufacturers specify a 16A connection.

At the moment i have a 32A MCB going to a 45a CCU in 6mm T&E,

its from here there feedback changes, the options I have been given of which the two I've worked out from research sounding the most logical are;

1. CCU - 6mm - 2 separate 20A DP switch - flex -each oven
2. CCU - 6mm - dual outlet plate - flex- ovens

Im just wondering if out of the two, there is a correct one vs a not so correct one. Or if there is a better 3rd option not even mentioned?

Also, ideally I wanted any switch hidden out of sight, in the cabinet either above or below the ovens (which are on top of each other in a tall unit). Im just wondering if this is permitted or whether its a big no no (Ive not asked the installers yet)?

Thanks for your feedback,

Grangey

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Then 2
2. CCU - 6mm - dual outlet plate - flex- ovens

Also, ideally I wanted any switch hidden out of sight, in the cabinet either above or below the ovens (which are on top of each other in a tall unit). Im just wondering if this is permitted or whether its a big no no (Ive not asked the installers yet)?
The switch is for use in an emergency so should be apparent and easily accessible.

They are not all ugly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back