Opinions on door canopy angle. Should it match the roof or not matter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after some opinions because I can’t decide.

See attached image of my roof angle. It’s about 120 degrees.

I’m building an apex door canopy over front door which is centred directly below.

I wonder if the door canopy angle should match the roof or if 90 degrees will look ok too. I think building at 90 degrees is easier and 120 degrees may be too big an angle for a door canopy, it will look too wide and low.

Attachments

• Open folder Door Canopy.png
    Open folder Door Canopy.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
If it were in the same plane as the roof pitch I think it would look far better at the same pitch as the roof - as it's on the "gable end" there is less of a visual connection between the roof and the porch, so the pitch is less of an issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your picture and draw/ photoshop on it.
But imho matching is better.
Next option is different angle but make it obviously intentional
“Close but different” wouldn’t look right

Just after some opinions because I can’t decide.

See attached image of my roof angle. It’s about 120 degrees.

I’m building an apex door canopy over front door which is centred directly below.

I wonder if the door canopy angle should match the roof or if 90 degrees will look ok too. I think building at 90 degrees is easier and 120 degrees may be too big an angle for a door canopy, it will look too wide and low.
Where are you measuring from, ? that’s around a 25degree pitch.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back