Opinions on skim coat please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just had a plasterer skim some rooms in our house and was looking for opinions on the finish. The walls were papered before so we thought we'd get it skimmed after taking the paper off so we could just paint the walls.

I appreciate the pictures so the walls in quite a harsh light with my desk lights being so close but it's just so the lumps and bumps show on the pictures. This is a selection of a few different walls after we put a couple of mist coats on but the are all pretty similar.

Thanks.

IMG_4907.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG
IMG_4906.JPG
IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG

Sponsored Links
I agree with you Steve. That really is a very poor job. There's probably more bumps etc in those walls now, than there were before. If the sun shines across those walls during the day, you'll see the un-eveness, bumps and marks even more. An awful job as Steve says.

Very poor job. Even if you paper the lumps and bumps will show through.
That's what my room was like iv ripped it all off and re doing it

Sponsored Links
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at these. I'll give the plasterer a call back to see where we go from here.

Last edited:
Make sure he comes back with a belt sander, and the money you paid him ,and if that's the state of his work I wouldn't be asking him to re-skim it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back