Opinions on this rendering work please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had some rendering work done and would welcome your comments. I was unhappy with the area surrounding the window frames but have been told it has been built up as much as possible and will need to be filled with silicon or covered with plastic. Also, I expected the side of the building to be done but was told 1 it was next door and 2 the scaffold didn't go round so not done!
GALLERY]

GALLERY]

GALLERY]

GALLERY]

Hope the pics have worked

Sponsored Links
The finish to the reveals is very poor, the side bit looks to be part of your building but there is no scaffold there to do it from - and jesus, did they ever leave your windows in a mess!!

I can wash the windows but I wasn't happy to see expanded foam exposed round the window edges. It wasn't visible before so why now? Is there a limit to render depth? Should they have at least filled in the chips to the pebbledashing on the corners? Or are my expectations unrealistic?

Render of that type rarely lasts. You'll be doing it again in a few years.

Sponsored Links
How the blazes can you tell what sort of render it is from a photo? I didn't even realise render came in different flavours.

The same way a doctor knows your illness or a mechanic your faulty car.

It's a bodge. Simple as that.

Did your quote include the side of the house?

You should have simply patched the original up using a tower scaffold.

£450 including scaffold hire.

Did they specify stainless steel beading? If they've used galvanised you'll soon start to get it rusting out.

What did you pay for half a house and a poor finish?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back