Opinions please on this combi install? All ok? Pics attached

The manufacturers and good practice says that 22 mm condensate pipe must be insulated.

Your installer is saying that because its vertical that will reduce the likelyhood of it freezing.

He is correct but the regulations dont make any exceptions at all, even if the installer has red hair or no hair at all.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ahh whoops, it turns out that what I thought was a magnaclean is actually a scale inhibitor. :oops: :LOL:

Is that alright to stay under the floorboards and carpet then? i.e. It won't need to be accessed as much as a magnaclean would?

Rad in the airing cupboard was moved to the right place today so that's a result. :D

Andy

Surprising that you could have discussed a magnaclean with the installer without either of you realizing it was in fact a scale inhibitor.

As long as its a permanent magnet type then it needs no attention and can stay there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cool, thanks for that.

Yeah I am sure I referred to it as a magnaclean on my last discussion with him, i.e. "Where's the magnaclean?" and he just said "Oh it's under the floorboards on the landing". It was only today when I asked him about it again, he said "oh no it's not a magnaclean, it's just a scale inhibitor".

So that clear's that up then. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back