New combi installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My elderly mother has just had a new combi fitted, by an established local company, they fitted TRVs to the two bedrooms and the lounge, but to only one of the two rads in the kitchen, the bathroom was left without which I understand, am I correct in thinking the second kitchen rad should also have a TRV fitted? they say it is not needed, they have also put the condensate drain into the washing machine waste, is this OK?
they did not do a powerflush and have not filled in the benchmark details.
Apart from this I would give them six out of ten for ther rest of the installation.

Sponsored Links
And where have they placed the room thermostat.

They should have cleaned the system to some degree at the very least.

Also the benchmark should be completed fully.

bet they didnt have enough trvs.you should also recieve notification from corgi of the instalation.is there a room stat fitted.

Sponsored Links
It is not essential to power flush the system if its already clean.

It is up to the installer to assess the condition and do whatever is necessary as long as he takes FULL responsibility are returns to do anything that may be necessary at no further cost.

Did he add Fernox or Sentinel inhibitor?

Tony

None of that is unarguably wrong, except lack of benchmark.
Flushing requiremens are laid down by the combi manufacturer, but some are so self-contradictory there's room for "engineering judgement".

most ask for it to be cleansed. i often get a priest in to do that for me. :LOL:

Agile said:
It is not essential to power flush the system if its already clean.

It is up to the installer to assess the condition and do whatever is necessary as long as he takes FULL responsibility are returns to do anything that may be necessary at no further cost.

Did he add Fernox or Sentinel inhibitor?

Tony

The old combi and rads were 15 years old, and the water appeared to me to be very black, I do not know if they added inhibitor there does not appear to be any sticker saying so.

Correct me if i'm wrong. But won't the manufacturers warranty be void if the boiler breaks down and they send an engineer to it? Don't they carry out a p.h test of the water in the heating circuit that's if it's reasonibly clean ( not in this case as already stated ).

Andy.

If the water looked black then it needed to be power flushed!

The manufacturer does not warrantee their boilers against problems caused by a failure to flush the system. Thats the installers responsibility.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back