Opinions please.

Sponsored Links
Well, I know nothing about roofs but if that was mine, I'd have called a halt on it long ago. Looks like it needs taking off and doing again. I hope I'm wrong.

Sponsored Links
datarebel,
you wouldnt need to strip four course of plain tile - lifting the eaves tile batten might be enough or the eaves batten and the next one up would allow the eaves protector to be slipped up.
the eaves protectors are on average 175mm up the roof an even then 25mm to 50mm can be ripped to give a shorter length up the roof.

The underlay support tray will foul on battens. If fitted correctly.
175 mm or not , there is something you have not taken into consideration.
I have not made this up. It's some thing I know.
Anyway it's not a good solution

they wont foul on battens if, like i said above, you lift the batten or battens.
im not suggestin you made it up.
im not offerin it as a solution but simply as an option for the OP

So how would you lift battens , remove batten nails without removing tiles?
To access the eave tile batten you need to remove how many tiles ?

datarebel, dont tell me i've not taken stuff into consideration - i explained plainly what could be done esp usin a ripped eaves protector.
you just cant seem to visulise it so you just dont seem to understand. so i'll leave it ther.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back