Optex - can someone help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am looking to buy an optex quad beam photo device to protect my driveway. We have already got a burglar alarm - so I want a simple device which can communicate with the light beams to alert me if anyone is approaching our driveway without disturbing the normal burglar alarm (mainly for protecting our vehicles) Can anyone suggest what wi-fi adapters etc I need to carry out this project, and how to wire it? Thanks in advance, Optex will not communicate with me unless I am a business operator.

Sponsored Links
You will still need to get a wire for power to the optex beam for power unless you use a wireless version ( very expensive ) may be better to run a cable direct to the beams ... further info would be needed for any other options

You will still need to get a wire for power to the optex beam for power unless you use a wireless version ( very expensive ) may be better to run a cable direct to the beams ... further info would be needed for any other options

You can apparently get wireless optex sensors that can connect with enforcer and powermax panels....see below...Ive not fitted myself

I know the optex is top drawer....personally I like the Dakota products....they are cheap have really O/p's which can configure into any wired system...and dakota sensors are wireless :)

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back