Optical Mouse - wireless or cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my old ball operated mouse with an optical mouse. My computer is a desk top Dell. Which is the most reliable/suitable - a cable operated mouse with a usb connection or a wireless operated one?

Sponsored Links
a wire will always be more reliable than wireless, its a matter of what you feel comfortable with.

For me, I have never seen the need for a wireless mouse, I have the sensitivity qiute high, so I rarely have to move my wrist to get to where I need, the cable has never got in the way...

I have a cordless optical mouse, operating through a usb dongle plugged into the comp. Only drawback with it, when playing Eve-Online is..... In the middle of doing something, the batteries run out!!.
If you play MMOG (Massive Multiplayer Online Games) then your better off with a corded mouse. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Corded optical mice take the power to run the laser and optics from the usb port.
I use rechargeable batteries in my cordless one though. Seem to last a lot longer than ordinary ones.
PS. I do have a corded one plugged into a usb port, just in case the batteries do run out (in the middle of a battle ) ;) ;) ;) ;)

PPS I only use the cordless mouse so I can run Kensington Mouseworks and disable the axis controls on the mouse .(Great when playing Tiger Woods online. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I use rechargeable batteries in my cordless one though. Seem to last a lot longer than ordinary ones.

They would. The voltage on a NiMH battery remains fairly constant until the battery is almost out of power, whereas the voltage on an alkaline battery drops substantially as the battery is depleted.

I use a cordless mouse, using NI MH batteries, one set in use, the other set all charged up and ready to go.
If mouse dies, I can revive it within less than one minute, I have got changing the batteries down to a fine art.
Cordless far better than corded, and a million times better than the touch pad. :D

Wotan

id personally go with wireless, i wouldnt go for a cheaper brand though, as these tend to destroy batteries

i always go for Microsoft or Logitech

i have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse at home which cost about £40 this is wireless, but in work i use a bluetooth Logitech keyboard and mouse set

I use a cordless mouse, using NI MH batteries, one set in use, the other set all charged up and ready to go.
If mouse dies, I can revive it within less than one minute, I have got changing the batteries down to a fine art.
Cordless far better than corded, and a million times better than the touch pad. :D

Wotan

I play EveOnline,,,, Believe me a minute or less to change batteries during a battle can mean total destruction. Has happened a few times to me when I first started playing it. I couldn't play it using a touchpad (as on laptops)
When I had a works laptop, I bought a usb mouse and keyboard to plug into it. A whole lot better IMHO. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back