microsoft trackball optical mouse problem

H

holmslaw

Have been using a microsoft trackball optical mouse for ages with no problems, its the type where your thumb controls the ball movement.

A few days ago the ball became erratic with the cursor not accurately following the ball movement.

Did a restore to an earlier date and everything ok, but a few hours later the ball plays up again. Did another restore and all ok, until *&^%**.

So, downloaded a new driver from microsoft.

Went to control panel - mouse - and deleted existing driver did a restart and as expected it says 'looking for software for new hardware' - or something like that. I tell it to go to the folder where I saved the driver. Or as I also burnt the driver onto a cd, tell it go to drive D.

In either case it refuses to recognise the driver or it says something like 'this software has not been signed my microsoft, refer to your hardware manufacturer'. The mouse will then work properly for a few hours and there is a warning that the software is not properly installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
is the ball dirty?
have the sensors inside become clogged?

this may have been the initial problem?

Cleaned it about three times and eventually a bit of crud came out. Now seems to be working ok. But still getting error messages on start up, and it will not accept the new driver.

I think its looking for driver (file?) called 'point32', but the one I downloaded from microsoft has a completely different name. Any ideas, thanks

Sponsored Links
Back