optima g3 ,outside siren wont stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my alarm went into alarm and the reset button was not pressed after the 4 digit code was pressed and now the strobe and siren will not stop. the alarm has been set and reset but no change. disconnected wires to flatten batteries. was looking for a factory reset to save possibly disconnecting all the wires for a rewire.

Sponsored Links
Disconnecting all the wires has guaranteed your fate ...... It uses electricity to hold your alarm off ....... (Otherwise burglars would just brake in & chop all your wires to silence it)

The panel needs a engineers reset (You don't need a engineer to do it ..... You just need to know which buttons to press)

Oh then it needs connecting back up again...... Change the SAB in the external sounder too (This you may need help with) :D

Sorry I'm not going in to more detail on a public forum :eek:

thanks for the reply when I connect up the alarm again I have the codes for resetting it engineers code but when I was putting them in nothing was happening or I did not think anything was happening but this would be because I had it disconnected for a period of time.If I gave my email could you let me know what the SAB is as all that is in the engineering information is SCB, but if this is not the done thing thats fine, thanks again for taking the time to reply

i replaced the external sounder with a vencroft evolution sab sounder, when wired up the leds should show green and red but i had 2 reds one telling me there was something wrong with the hold off voltage. and the strobe was flashing and would not stop. tried the engineers reset but strobe still flashed. the sounder would sound and stop when the tamper was activated and reset. in the commissioning part of the instructions it states that once the bell box is wired up if the lid is removed it should sound but i don't have this. there are a few areas where the wiring is a bit unclear to the non professional. there is no + for the (strobe) so it has to go to the (hold of +) but in an other part it says to put it to the + for the (bell) this is all in the (external bell box), so not sure how this affects the wiring it the panel is it the same as original or as new bell box as in , remove the + for the (strobe) from the panel wiring and put it with the same wire as in the bell box. any help would be much appricated thanks.

Sponsored Links
you need to find out why it went wrong to start with - my guess is a damaged cable somewhere in the property

sounds to me like cable damage or a problem at the panel end. id be worried that if its cable damage you may have thbe wrong things on the wrong wires and your new sounder may be being damaged.

butyou ned to ensure you have 12v at the bell on the holdoff connections first. id also disconnect and safely isolate all other connections at the bell. this should stop your strobe flashing. but you ned to diagnose what is wrong.

id advise you call an engineer in if your at all unsure.

Has it ever worked or are you installing it?

yes it was working fine untill the 1st problem. can the panel be removed and sent of to get tested as the tech help line told me that it would be £80 to get the alarm engineer up where a can buy a new panel for half that. thanks for the replys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back