optima XM alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible that the outside bell would ring randomly for a minute or two but with nothing showing on the control panel? even entering the code does not stop the ringing as nothing is wrong on the control panel. Otherwise alarm works perfectly and battery is pretty new. Internal bell does not ring during the random outside bell ringing.

Sponsored Links
yes

happens more often than you would think, if it really is your bell (i am not saying it isnt)

sounds like pcb has gone, cheaper to change whole bell, specialy if its old, but then you may find a dry joint on it, or corosion

but would you not say the microswitch would cause a tamper at the panel?

Sponsored Links
It does in most cases but I've known it to cause 'chirping' from the siren nicad.

you mean that its just a tiny tiny microscopic amount to (As you say) chirp, but not enough to cause a tamper?

problem with that and i agree it could be that, is most micoswihes on sab pcbs are usually so damn inacessable that they are a PITA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back