optima xm home burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully someone can help I have this alarm system where on occasion it went off with no apparent reason and when re-set worked normally to the next trip almost at the same time daily (through the night)
I stopped setting the alarm, recently I found the manual and commenced checking out the faults. I got to the pir area checks which set the alarm off i think thats because i did not omit the zone where the alarm panel is situated. I never completed these checks and re-set the system to the day setting. everything up to the pir checks seemed to be working ok the battery has never been replaced and by reading other threads it should have been but i need some guidance. a day or two later i noticed the power light was on and the day light was not on, the key pad does not respond either by touch or sound. I know the system is in some sort of protection mode, other faults are no pir indicators showing, no alarm going off when opening the panel door. I have not had a power cut and i do not have a tamper lamp indication lit. suspect battery or fuse but require some expert advice many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back