Option a or b?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a) tile my own kitchen floor, having never laid a tile before, saving £180.

b) let the pro do it and lose £180.

Basically, will I be able to pull it off? It's onto UFH just to make it a little more awkward.

Sponsored Links
bet the tiles etc cost you a few quid.
so if you decide to do it your self and it looks pony,your going to be very annoyed.

let the pro do the job. ;)

Sponsored Links
if your a competant diy'er you would probably be able to do it, but weigh up £180 against hiring/buying the kit and taking time off work etc etc - personally i'd pay the cash

a) tile my own kitchen floor, having never laid a tile before, saving £180.

b) let the pro do it and lose £180.

Basically, will I be able to pull it off? It's onto UFH just to make it a little more awkward.

or

c) look at it as £180 well spent.

If the job looks right and is right then why would it be £180 lost?

Thanks for the replies - I like option C, you're right I'm not losing the £180 it's an investment in a decent job!

I can tile & have tilled a floor, but I have a tiler coming in to tile a floor for me & its a lot more than £180.

Depending on the type of preparation work, the format of tile and tile plan.
I charge in the region of £40/sqm, I do supply the adhesive as the client often has little idea regarding this or buys poor quality on the cheap.
So at £22.50/sqm your doing okay, providing the tiler is competent :?:
You have got valid references and seen some evidence of their work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back